MCSLBA has been created to provide a means whereby youth ages 12-18 can play the game of baseball in an organized manner, under the instruction and supervision of qualified coaches. Further, to aid these youth to develop athletic skill and a sense of citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play.
Participation in MCSLBA is open too all geographically applicable residents interested in and supportive of the purposes of this organization.
MCSLBA Statement of Policy
Be it known to all interested persons that it is the official policy of the Monroe County Senior League Baseball Association to conduct its program with the interest of participating youth foremost.
Whereas this policy has been affirmed for many years by the Association’s By-Laws that provide for sanctions against anyone associated with the program whose conduct and/or actions have been judged detrimental to or in conflict with the ideals of Monroe County Baseball, the Association does now therefore underscore this policy by establishing the following:
Bill of Rights for Players:
1. Right to participate at a level commensurate with each player’s developmental level.
2. Right to have qualified adult leadership.
3. Right to participate in a safe and healthy environment.
4. Right to develop leadership abilities and to express opinions about their participation.
5. Right to play as a young adult and not as an adult.
6. Right of proper preparation for participation in the sport.
7. Right to an equal opportunity to strive for success.
8. Right to be treated with dignity and respect by all involved.
9. Right of participation without fear of reprisal, intimidation, or unwarranted pressure.
10. Right to have fun.