“We will figure it out”.
I think I can speak on behalf of all officers that are feeling like this isn’t just a moment of time, or movement, but truly our mission. With that, I hope that you understand and appreciate our commitment to bringing your child(ren) and our community youth baseball and will continue to do everything in our power to do so.
With that in mind here are some things we are thinking about:
• Our next steps will likely hinge on what comes out of the Governor’s plan that is expected to speak to how the state will gradually bring on services and events within Indiana. With this message slated for this Friday, May 1st
• As previously discussed we were targeting for a return on May 4th with the understanding this was indeed a lofty goal. While we will obviously miss this date, it won’t deter us from continuing to set goals and expectations.
• Our new dates are now focused on the weeks of May 11th, May 18th and May 26th with the understanding that is we can get started in May we will continue to stay the course of providing a quality baseball experience this spring / summer
• If we are unable to resume by June 1st (give or take), the Officers are also in agreement that we would look to cancel the Spring / Summer season in its entirety and look towards providing a unique late summer / fall-ball program
• We are continuing to look at possible changes to our league by-laws, rules and/or general baseball etiquette that would help with the transition to our possible new norm (ex. End of game sportsmanship / not shaking hands)
• Our overall goal is to provide each team a regular 10-12 game schedule (plus practice days and tournament game play) finishing the season by mid-to-late July
• Registration is still open and requires no money down at this time (all new registrations added to a wait-list)
• We are now currently limited to around 6 SLOTS LEFT in our MINOR DIVISION before we hit our max (and move to a wait-list / non-guarantee) so if you want a chance to participate REGISTER NOW
• For those players currently on the wait list we will release you once we get official word from the city that we can resume operations (once released we will require quick turn-around from you)
• For those currently unpaid, we will move to a PLAY NOW – PAY LATER model that will generally consist of deferred payment up to a set time (more details to follow, but it is our hope to accommodate those most affected by today’s landscape)
• We are still taking registrations for our MAJOR DIVISION (16-18 yo) with events and associated registration timelines currently under review with the likelihood of being modified accordingly – REGISTER NOW
In closing, I hope this message finds you healthy and positive minded and would like to truly thank all those that have previously acted on our call to register. While I can truly respect that all this can be overwhelming (changing messages, dates etc.) we will continue to make it a point to over communicate with you in hopes of helping everyone plan and schedule accordingly. With that, if there is anything we can do to help or you need additional information, please feel free to reach out to us. Thanks.
** PLEASE SHARE **
Register at https://sports.bluesombrero.com/mcslba