COVID-19 Response – Follow Up 04/20/20
Minor Division (12-15 yo) parents and players, as promised the league officers met this weekend (virtually) and discussed our challenges and opportunities in regards to providing you and our community a fulfilling 2020 Spring/Summer baseball season.
With that in mind here are a few key points we landed on:
• As previously discussed and based on the current May 1st stay-at-home mandate, we are currently working on a modified calendar of events that has us tentatively starting our player evaluations the week of May 4th with the understanding that we will continue to evaluate this and all dates as we move closer to “normal” activities
• With the realization that we might not be able to safely resume by May 4th as mentioned above, the Officers are in agreement that as long as we can get started by June 1st (give or take a few days) we will continue to stay the course of providing a quality baseball experience
• If we are unable to resume by June 1st (give or take), the Officers are also in agreement that we would look to cancel the Spring / Summer season in its entirety and look towards providing a unique fall-ball program
• We are continuing to look at possible changes to our league by-laws, rules and/or general baseball etiquette that would help with the transition to our possible new norm (ex. End of game sportsmanship / not shaking hands)
• Our overall goal is to provide each team a regular 10-12 game schedule (plus practice days and tournament game play) finishing the season by mid-to-late July
• Registration is still open and requires no money down at this time (all new registrations added to a wait-list)
• We are currently limited to around 10 slots left in our MINOR DIVISION before we hit our max (and move to a wait-list / non-guarantee) so if you want a chance to participate REGISTER NOW
• For those players currently on the wait list we will release you once we get official word from the city that we can resume operations (once released we will require quick turn-around from you)
• For those currently unpaid, we will move to a PLAY NOW – PAY LATER model that will generally consist of deferred payment up to a set time (more details to follow, but it is our hope to accommodate those most affected by today’s landscape)
• We are still taking registrations for our MAJOR DIVISION (16-18 yo) with events and associated registration timelines currently on as scheduled – REGISTER NOW
With that said, the officers are excited and positive minded in our mission to provide you and the community a healthy distraction from today’s challenges. I do hope this message finds you also positive and optimistic and if there is anything we can do or if you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.
Thank you for your continued support and hope to see you at the ball park soon.
** PLEASE SHARE **
Register at https://sports.bluesombrero.com/mcslba